Aberdeen, NC – Meridian, an industry leading kiosk manufacturer and software developer, recently welcomed two new key leaders to their engineering and production teams. Eric Frank will serve as Meridian’s new Engineering Manager and Ricardo Sotomayor will serve as Production Manager. Together, the two bring more than 30 years of combined experience in design and engineering.
Frank, who comes to Meridian from Longview Texas, has spent the past 10 years of his career with Longview-based Micrometl Corporation as both a Design Engineer and Engineering Manager. He is certified in SolidWorks—with advanced specialties in sheet metal, drawing, and surfacing—AutoCad, and lean manufacturing. “I am excited to join a growing company that is always striving to be the leader in the industry, in design and innovation. I look forward to bringing my manufacturing and design experience to the team,” said Frank. As Engineering Manager, Frank will be responsible for leading the engineering and design team and collaborating with sales, manufacturing, and quality assurance to create new designs and improve upon existing ones.
Sotomayor joins Meridian from Mayagüez, Puerto Rico where he spent 12 years in renewable solutions engineering and 7 years with technology-giant, Hewlett Packard, where he carried numerous titles, including Tooling Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, and Process Engineer. Sotomayor also holds certifications in SolidWorks, AutoCad, and Lean Six-Sigma troubleshooting methodologies. As Production Manager, Sotomayor’s main focus will be on optimizing processes and efficiencies in manufacturing as Meridian continues to scale up production to meet increased demand for their products and services. “What I’m most looking forward to in my new challenge at Meridian is the family-based work culture, it fits perfectly with my style and the way I work,” said Sotomayor.
In addition to onboarding Frank and Sotomayor, Meridian’s Senior Project Manager, Amanda Jordan, was promoted to Operations Director. In her new role, Jordan will be responsible for driving processes and procedures to deliver quality products on time. Similarly to Frank and Sotomayor, Jordan is excited about her new role. “I’m looking forward to being more involved in people management, it’s truly our greatest resource,” Jordan said.
Jordan emphasized that this restructuring change is good for Meridian. “In order to meet our increasing volume we need to invest in our structure and resources. This change will enhance and further drive our ambition to be our customers’ first choice in a complete solution kiosk manufacturer.”
The new leadership structure demonstrates Meridian’s ongoing commitment to working as a team to provide the most innovative and highest quality self-service solutions. “With the emphasis on teamwork and collaboration, it gives our people the chance to make a more direct, positive impact on our product and end customer,” said Jordan.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018