The partnership brings together the best-in-class technology and expertise in 5G, merging NEC and Samsung’s leadership in 5G and IT solutions. It also provides mobile carriers with flexible 5G solutions that are localized for each region with customized services to meet mobile carriers’ demands efficiently.
Since 5G will enable unprecedented services and business models, it is inevitable for mobile carriers to demand customized solutions and flexible network architecture. Through this partnership, both companies will satisfy these growing demands effectively by joining the best forces and capabilities from each company.
“5G development based on standardization will help to accelerate business transformation throughout global markets,” said Atsuo Kawamura, Executive Vice President and President of the Network Services Business Unit at NEC Corporation. “As 5G commercialization is just around the corner, we are confident that the partnership with Samsung will continue to solidify our stance as a 5G leader.”
“5G will unlock the potentials, create new values and push the limits of today’s technology,” said Youngky Kim, President and Head of Networks Business at Samsung Electronics. “We are excited to announce our joint efforts with NEC to boost 5G end-to-end solution portfolio for the best user experience.”
Samsung has successfully commercialized 5G services across the US and also has been selected by one of the major Korean operators as its 5G vendor. Combined with NEC’s expertise in the IT solution businesses, where it leverages its telecommunication technology, including 5G, both companies will explore new business opportunities in the global market.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018