LOS GATOS, CA and LITTLE CHESTERFORD, UK – BrightSign, LLC® and Signagelive today jointly announced that Signagelive recently deployed a new interactive kiosk mode feature for all BrightSign Series 3 and Series 4 players, as well as for Bluefin’s BrightSign Built-In solutions. The update – which is being pushed to all Signagelive Administrators this week – stands as further proof of Signagelive’s commitment to continually update, improve and optimize the user experience on the company’s platform.
The update allows users to configure any BrightSign device connected to a single-touch touchscreen to be used as a kiosk. When the BrightSign player is not being interacted with, it will play the scheduled content from Signagelive as a normal Signagelive media player. When a user interacts with the touchscreen, the player will trigger the content that is published to an Interrupt – this can be a web page or Widget. Once the user has stopped interacting with the screen, the player will revert to the scheduled content until the next interaction.
To ensure this solution is suitable for retail kiosk deployments such as in-store product catalog or ordering solutions, data such as usernames and passwords are cleared between sessions to further protect the security of users’ personal information.
Signagelive began the BrightSign Kiosk Mode update on the 17th of October at 9:00 a.m. BST, with the update completing over a 24-hour period as users’ BrightSign players connected to the Signagelive platform. No user intervention was required during the course of this update, which has been made available to all Signagelive licensees at no charge.
To learn more about Signagelive solutions and to discuss your digital signage requirements, please visit www.signagelive.com. For more information about BrightSign’s full portfolio of digital signage hardware and companion software, visit www.brightsign.biz.
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign manufactures media players, and provides free software and networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the digital signage marketplace. From entry-level BrightSign LS players to BrightSign XT players offering state-of-the-art technology and unsurpassed performance, BrightSign’s products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, ease-of-use, and market-leading technology. For more information, visit www.brightsign.biz. Follow BrightSign at http://twitter.com/brightsign and http://www.facebook.com/BrightSignLLC.
Signagelive’s digital signage platform is used globally by over 2,000 organizations to manage their networks. Supplying digital signage software and services to multiple markets including retail, education, and hospitality, to over 46 countries across EMEA, Americas and Asia Pacific. Its innovative technology media playback software is written in HTML5, is cloud-based and is compatible with an unrivaled number of display screens, mobile devices and video wall display systems.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018