Meridian, an industry leading kiosk manufacturer and software developer, was recently awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification. The ISO Quality Management System enables Meridian to continuously improve our processes and procedures.
ISO 9001 is the most widely recognized international standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS). Meridian was previously awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification in March 2009. The latest addition, ISO 9001:2015 was released on September 23, 2015. Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. It is the most popular standard in the ISO 9000 series and the only standard in the series to which organizations can certify.
“The ISO Quality Management System enables Meridian to constantly improve our processes and procedures,” said ISO Quality Manager, Eryn Cameron. According to Cameron, Risk-based thinking is the “buzz idea” behind the updated 2015 standard. As part of the certification, organizations are tasked with considering, understanding, and addressing risks across the board.
“To make the move to the most recent ISO standard for manufacturing, Meridian had to undergo a complete QMS makeover, introducing new methods such as risk and opportunity evaluation and leadership responsibility,” said Cameron. The certification process also requires that organizations self-evaluate processes and procedures to meet specific quality metrics, including customer focus, leadership, engagement, process, improvement, decision making, and relationship management. Both internal and on-site third party certification audits of all aspects were performed. “During the third party audit, it was noted that Meridian has very strong document control throughout all of the processes, that we have a very clean and organized production floor, and that we surpass our quality objectives each month.”
The certification also demonstrates to customers that organizations are committed to improved quality, service, and delivery times. “Because Meridian is continuously improving, our customers can feel secure in knowing that we create quality products, that we have a well trained and knowledgeable staff, and that our goal is to always exceed their expectations,” said Cameron.
Learn more about Meridian’s digital signage and software at meridiankiosks.com.
- Self-service kiosks are changing the way tenants pay rent - September 27, 2018
- How digital kiosks are changing the small town experience - September 17, 2018
- Meridian Obtains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - August 22, 2018
- How interactive directories are changing shopping malls - August 15, 2018
- Why restaurants and customers love food service kiosks - July 26, 2018
- Does your business need self-service kiosks? - June 28, 2018
- Meridian introduces automotive kiosk solutions - June 12, 2018
- Your guide to kiosk software and digital signage software - May 9, 2018
- Enhance digital signage and kiosk solutions with analytics - March 29, 2018
- How order pick up kiosks create the “perfect” lunch break - February 21, 2018