In 2018, the best video wall systems are made up of advanced flat panels that are lighter in weight, and less deep in profile than what was common not too long ago.
If your video wall/flat panel supplier is not offering options that are light in weight (44 lbs. or 20KG), and slim in depth (3.42 inches or 87 mm) to allow for easier installation and easier maintenance of the displays after installation, you’re using yesterday’s technology.
It’s important to note that if a video wall is mounted in such a way that it protrudes more than four inches from a wall at foot-traffic level, then it is not compliant with strict ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) regulations. For this reason video walls are often set back into the wall itself, to accommodate the mounting gear, cables and other hardware, and maintain ADA compliance.
Remember also that weight considerations affect many aspects of a video wall installation: shipping costs to get the product to the site; the amount and cost of mounting hardware needed; the number of handlers required per panel installation, and maintenance costs after the installation is complete.
Whether upgrading from older video wall technology or revitalizing your business environment with a first-time video wall, be sure to choose a video wall/display supplier that is at the forefront in light weight, thin displays and integrated mounting systems.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018