As digital out-of-home (DOOH) networks have become more widespread and powerful, the tech driving them has evolved in significant ways. One of the most important things to get right when your business implements a DOOH network is the CMS—content management system. Why? Because a highly capable CMS will allow you to manage experiential media experiences that wow your customers in completely new ways! The right CMS can offer resources to deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right place, and at the right time.
Here are four key factors you should consider as you evaluate your DOOH network CMS options:
- Consider web and mobile-based platforms vs. out-of-home: The purposes and capabilities for web and mobile-based platforms are different from out-of-home CMS platforms. Out-of-home CMS platforms provide advanced features that allow for running great physical networks without being limited by what is available to web and mobile-centric platforms. Tactics such as purchase conversion and calls-to-action that generate a sense of urgency to purchase are key capabilities of out-of-home platforms that have shown real value to retailers!
- Be smart about cloud-hosted platforms vs. onsite: Early CMS platforms were designed to be packages installed and managed onsite by local IT organizations. The problem is, without installed software running on servers, scope limitations can be an issue. Cloud-based servers communicate with endpoint players for maximum capability. To ensure reliability, however, choose a CMS platform that can store content and make playback decisions locally at the player/screen level. Streaming systems that rely heavily on continuous network connections are at an increased risk of outages.
- Think about long-term scalability and reliability: Anyone with a laptop can put content on a screen. When you need to do it on 10, 100, 1000, and more screens, however, it becomes increasingly difficult. Choosing a platform designed for scale and reliability are critical for DOOH deployment success! The power of an advanced CMS platform is the ability to filter, segment, and smartly distribute content that meets real-world business needs. A high-quality CMS can handle and report on a wide range of dynamic content types, and a quality CMS provider will help you design and build a strategy for how to best create and present content for maximum return.
- Evaluate new monetization opportunities: CMS software and Advertising Sales and Management software have traditionally been separated. Unfortunately, the gap between them has limited the success of digital network monetization. This is now changing! New advertising management software products can provide a way to insert paid ads into digital networks on a controlled, managed basis. Selecting a high-quality CMS and a reliable, scalable ad-delivery platform can provide a steady revenue stream for network owners!
Reflect is a service-focused innovator in content management and advanced analytics. Download our latest white paper to learn more about how to deploy an optimal Digital Out-of-Home Network!
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018