Amazon still rules when it comes to retail customer experience, retaining its top perch in Retail Customer Experience’s annual Top 100 report.
But the fight for second, third and fourth among the top five retailers is getting more competitive than ever and this year Costco, long in the bottom half of the top five, moved up to third place. Target dropped into fourth as a result.
This year, the report asked consumers to rank retailers in several different ways: which were best on handling complaint/issues, which boasted most ease in checkout, which are deploying the best experience online, which have the best experience in-store and deliver an easy, quick product return.
The report also queried consumers on mobile device use when it comes to shopping, comparing products and using the device in a retail environment.
It also boasts an insightful commentary by Mobile Payments Today editor Will Hernandez on what retailers will have to do if they want to beat Amazon at customer experience — specifically how to respond to Amazon’s Amazon Go concept. As Hernandez explains “Go isn’t necessarily a new concept, but Amazon’s take on cashierless shopping brings with it questions about the future of retail and changes the way we as consumers buy goods.”
The Top 100 report is great resource to read and share and we’d love to hear your comment on the data.
Posted with permission from www.RetailCustomerExperience.com
Photo Credit: Networld Media Group
- FCES: Fast casuals share insights into digital experience strategy - October 24, 2018
- Fast casual brands putting digital training on the menu - October 18, 2018
- Associate training sews up stronger CX for retailer - October 11, 2018
- Automate the back end to boost your front-end CX - September 12, 2018
- How to create a winning small-retail customer experience - August 29, 2018
- Caliburger, Microsoft Retail, Sleep Number share CX insights - August 7, 2018
- Is Amazon Prime Day becoming the new ‘Black Friday’? - July 26, 2018
- RCE Top 100: Amazon still on top, Costco edges out Target - July 18, 2018
- ICXSummit: Customer experience taking the helm at Carnival Cruise - July 12, 2018
- ICXSummit: Taco Bell offers inside look at digital transformation innovating customer experience - July 5, 2018