Broadcast integration services bring real-time, live IP production control room to life
Adjacent to the live production control room, other operational kiosks will educate users on the various components and values of an IP network-connected future.
This showscase demonstrates the benefits and practicality of transitioning to IP workflows using the SMPTE ST 2110 suite of standards, AES67, and AMWA NMOS specifications. Highlighted will be format flexibility and efficient cabling;
- Data-loss protection
- Network resiliency
- Connection management
- Choices of interoperable audio equipment
Using open standards created by eight industry standards bodies and trade organizations, including SMPTE, AES, EBU, and others – the move from SDI to IP is now possible and practical. Industry is already embracing IP in a hybrid SDI/IP world. And, as IP products mature, users may grow into IP or make a full IP-transition while still retaining their current investment in SDI-based resources.
Interoperability is the Key
At its broadest level, interoperability across entire portions of the broadcast infrastructure has been achieved. To sustain this industry acceptance, IP systems must provide operational consistency, robustness, and resiliency — in the same way SDI has for 30+ years. That will be evident at this year’s NAB IP Showcase.
As these real-time, high bit rate media networks mature, more equipment will go “native-IP.” Ultimately, this IP-evolution may render SDI an option; with IP eventually replacing the traditional video routers, distribution amplifiers, and the like.
IP interoperability demonstrations have been a part of both the IBC and the NAB since 2016. Each year manufacturers and organizations demonstrate standards compliance and interoperability at a specially assembled ‘IP InterOp Showcase’ for real-time media. Diversified’s broadcast integration services team continues to participate in the IP and NMOS interoperability testing processes (at Fox Network Center in the Woodlands, Texas) as well as each of the NAB and IBC IP Showcases since April 2017. This year’s NAB is no exception.
Broadcast Integration Services
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018