Elo Backpack, an Android-based compute solution, delivers a simple and affordable platform to scale interactive experiences across the business. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The new Elo Backpack turns touchscreen monitors and displays into fully connected systems with limitless interactive experience possibilities,” said Craig Witsoe, CEO of Elo. “The success of our customers deploying our small-format I-Series touchscreens is just the beginning. We’re excited to bring the flexibility of the Android mobile architecture to Elo’s broader touchscreen portfolio while simplifying deployment and management via our EloView software.”
With Elo Backpack, Elo introduces kiosk integrators to a new architecture that can lower costs, improve scalability and simplify creation of customized kiosks. This platform provides a low-power, solid-state, fan-less computing solution running Android 7.1 (Nougat) with the capability to scale deployments and remotely manage kiosks out-of-the-box. Combined with Elo’s brilliant commercial-grade touch monitors, integrators can now transform what was a bulky, highly customized kiosk into a sleek, scalable design. EloView, a SaaS platform, further simplifies deployment and device maintenance of Elo touchscreens enabling OS management, remote and silent updates, kiosk lockdown and automatic provisioning.
Built on Elo’s extensive understanding of peripheral integration and SDK development, Backpack supports industry-leading peripherals for scanning, payment, printing and biometric input via two USB 2.0 ports. Additional connectivity is available for an Elo touchscreen monitor plus Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, HDMI output, micro-SD, and GPIO. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor offers high-end features including support for full HD+, fast connectivity with integrated X9 LTE, and powerful 2.0GHz performance with Octa-core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit CPU.
Elo Backpack is compatible with select Elo 90 Series open-frames (SAW & PCAP), large-format, open frames (32”+), IDS 02-Series & 7001LT displays and 02-series desktop monitors and is available to order today. To learn more about the Android compute engine, visit: https://www.elotouch.com/elo-backpack.html.
Elo is a global leader in touchscreen solutions, including mPOS, self-order systems, POS systems and interactive signage displays from 10 to 70 inches. The inventor of the touchscreen, Elo now has 20+ million retail and hospitality installations in 80+ countries, with products designed in California and built to last with a three-year standard warranty. The Elo touchscreen experience has consistently stood for quality, reliability and innovation. Elo intellectual property is protected by global patent, trademark and design registrations. Learn more about Elo at EloTouch.com, and follow on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Elo, the Elo logo and EloView are trademarks of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018