Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
The multi-campus digital signage network empowers the YMCA staff to create rich, engaging experiences for their visitors.
STERLING, Va., /PRNewswire/ — Mvix has been selected by the YMCA of the Rockies, a network of conference centers serving more than 300,000 visitors annually, to power their digital signage network spanning two campuses.
The YMCA aims to put Christian Principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body. They accomplish this by hosting conferences and retreats of religious, educational and recreational nature, as well as family retreats, traditional summer camps for children and leadership courses for their staff.The Challenge
In order to empower guests at their conference centers, the YMCA of the Rockies needed an engaging communication network that would inform visitors about the activities and programs available to them.
Previously, the Estes Park and Snow Mountain Ranch conference centers that make up YMCA of the Rockies used USB drives with PowerPoint presentations for communication. This system had limits:
- displays were difficult to update and looked unprofessional
- the USB drives limited the type of content displayed, e.g., no branded YouTube channels or automated event listings
Keeping these challenges in mind, the YMCA of the Rockies needed a solution that could easily and remotely distribute multimedia content to their lodges and activity buildings at both conference centers. The system also needed to support multi-user access to enable collaboration between the YMCA staff.
The solution was to implement a network of digital signage displays powered by the Mvix platform. Every building at the conference centers has a networked screen that displays information about available programs and activities, branded YouTube videos, slideshows of previous retreats and other supplemental information such as weather, time and emergency messaging.
All displays are remotely controlled by the program directors.
The YMCA program directors have noticed:
- increased inquiries regarding their events and activities
- improved enrollment in offered programs
“Communicating with our visitors across many spaces can be difficult,” said Mary Ann Degginger, the program director at Snow Mountain Ranch. “The Mvix signage solution has solved this problem and given us everything we’ve wanted from it very easily. It’s been great for managing our branding in the centers.”
The digital signs can also be utilized in emergency events. Forest fires are not uncommon in neighboring Rocky Mountain National Park, and in the past, it had been difficult to communicate with guests on property. The Mvix solution allows the staff to easily notify guests in case of danger.
“It’s a privilege to know our solutions are serving a globally renowned philanthropy such as the YMCA,” said Manu Saini, senior solutions consultant at Mvix. “We’re excited to help the YMCA of the Rockies bridge the gap between their conference centers and build memorable brand experiences with their guests.”
To read the detailed case study, download your free copy here.
At Mvix, our love for technology drives who we are and what we do. For over a decade, we have been a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions that connect brands with people.
To date, our platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel, TravelCenters of America and the University of Washington in a variety of applications that include employee communication, wayfinding, emergency messaging and customer communications.
Learn more about Mvix at www.mvixdigitalsignage.com or give us a call at 703.382.1739.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018