IRVING, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, communications, networking and biometric solutions, announced it will showcase an immersive retail experience that incorporates NEC’s retail technologies, including point-of-sale (POS) hardware, software, biometrics, artificial intelligence (AI), analytics and digital signage solutions at NRF 2018 | Retail’s Big Show in New York City.
“NEC is a leading innovator in delivering retail technologies and solutions from the point of sale to the back office and beyond,” said Matt Worley, Vice President of NEC Retail Solutions. “We firmly believe that leveraging data and analytics the same way online retailers have for years – and putting useful information in the hands of salespeople so they can provide a more personalized customer experience – is vital to the future of brick-and-mortar retail.”
In a prime example of NEC’s retail innovation, CaliBurger, a part of Cali Group’s restaurant operating division, will be in the NEC booth demonstrating its AI-enabled self-ordering kiosks using NEC facial recognition technology. The facial recognition loyalty kiosks were recently featured in a video from Cali Group.
“NEC’s world-renowned face recognition technology is a key component of our strategy to reduce the friction associated with loyalty program registration and use,” said John Miller, Chairman and CEO of Cali Group. “It’s also a key stepping stone toward replacing credit card swipes with face-based payments, which is our goal for 2018.”
NEC will showcase several other retail solutions including:
- Digital signage that is customer aware – Through object recognition, shelves detect when a shopper picks up an item and direct the signage to display personalized information, such as more product information, available options, or upsell ads.
- Facial payment – Using facial recognition, the solution identifies the shopper as a part of the loyalty program – enabling the customer to pay with a glance at the camera.
- Video analytics to tailor the in-store experience – Video analytics enable retailers to capture shopper analytics to optimize store flow and improve product placement.
- Robust retail portfolio and Omni-channel solutions – Highly adaptive, configurable POS hardware and software solutions, along with an Omni-channel platform that offers real-time direct fulfillment which enables retailers with a mobile POS retail solution.
NEC Smart Retail solutions information: www.necam.com/smartretail
NEC information: www.necam.com Blog: www.NECToday.com
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
About NEC Corporation of America NEC Corporation of America (NEC) is a leading technology integrator providing solutions that improve the way people work and communicate. NEC delivers integrated Solutions for Society that are aligned with our customers’ priorities to create new value for people, businesses and society, with a special focus on safety, security and efficiency. We deliver one of the industry’s strongest and most innovative portfolios of communications, analytics, security, biometrics and technology solutions that unleash customers’ productivity potential. Through these solutions, NEC combines its best-in-class solutions and technology, and leverages a robust partner ecosystem to solve today’s most complex business problems. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in 160 countries and $25 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
© 2018 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Photo Credit: NEC Corporation of America
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018