BALTIMORE, Dec. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Under Armour Inc. (NYSE: UA, UAA) announced two new additions to its senior management team. These appointments will support Under Amour’s focus on growing and scaling its international business and broadening its expertise in strategic, global communications.
“We are excited to add two talented senior executives to our bench, further strengthening our ability to build the Under Armour brand globally,” said Under Armour Chairman and CEO Kevin Plank. “Massimo and Kelley bring unique combinations of strategic expertise and vision to their respective roles. I look forward to their leadership and contribution as we enter our next chapter of growth.”
Massimo Baratto Named Vice President and Managing Director Europe
Massimo Baratto will join Under Armour as Vice President and Managing Director of its European business, reporting to Chief Revenue Officer Charlie Maurath. Responsible for driving profitable growth, brand awareness and cultivating strategic partnerships in Europe, he will be based in Amsterdam.
Baratto brings nearly 30 years of international experience from a variety of industries, brands and regions. Most recently, he served as CEO of the Oberalp Group, the Italian-based owner of Dynafit, Pomoca, Salewa and Wild Country and international distributor of Under Armour, Speedo, Fischer, Spyder, Barts and Rip Curl. Since joining Oberalp in 2001, he served in various senior management roles, leading its portfolio of outdoor footwear, apparel and equipment brands. Prior to Oberalp, Baratto served in managing director roles for food and snack companies ZUEGG and UNICHIPS, respectively.
Kelley McCormick Appointed Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
Kelley McCormick will join Under Armour in a newly created position as Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications. As a member of the company’s executive team and a direct report to Plank, McCormick will lead the strategic visioning and execution for UA’s global corporate communications including corporate media relations and employee communications. She will be based at the company’s global headquarters in Baltimore.
McCormick has successfully led complex campaigns for numerous corporate and non-profit organizations. She has more than 20 years of high-level strategic experience in corporate affairs, brand and reputation management, and public policy initiatives for leading companies in the consumer packaged goods, news and entertainment, biopharmaceutical, and food and beverage industries. She was most recently managing director at SKDKnickerbocker, an award-winning strategic communications agency.
About Under Armour Inc.
Under Armour, Inc., headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland is a leading innovator, marketer and distributor of branded performance athletic apparel, footwear and accessories. Designed to make all athletes better, the brand’s innovative products are sold worldwide to consumers with active lifestyles. The company’s Connected Fitness platform powers the world’s largest digitally connected health and fitness community. For further information, please visit www.uabiz.com.
Source: Under Armour, Inc.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018