The day after Thanksgiving, crowds of shoppers flood through storefronts all over the country in search of the season’s best holiday deals. In response to the infamous “Black Friday” sales event, online retailers have created their own with “Cyber Monday.” Now, retailers can leverage interactive, retail kiosks to combine the benefits of digital and in-store shopping. Engaging content on digital display increases consumer awareness and offers new channels for retailers to expand their consumer reach. By offering interactive kiosks, retailers improve the shopping experience for bargain shoppers while adding even more opportunity for ROI.
Digital Advertising Engages Consumers
Kiosks help customers avoid searching through the crowd to find what they’re looking for. Wayfinding capabilities guide users through the store and encourage customers to explore new departments and products. Retail kiosks provide convenient and engaging access to consumers, who may be flustered by the large crowds and variety of deals. Digital advertising on kiosks offer the ability to load ad content in multiple formats such as video, photo, text and audio to engage customers and promote targeted information (e.g. discounted products, bundle deals, etc). Kiosks also Improve inventory management and stock efficiency. Retail kiosks provide customers with access to more items while reducing on-hand inventory and warehouse costs. Users can browse the discounted merchandise and purchase items directly from the kiosk, foregoing the product bins, clothing racks and shelves.
Self-Service Bill Payment
Retail kiosks provide customers with a fast and efficient checkout process during the hectic shopping day. The bill payment capabilities improve the retail experience by allowing users to skip the checkout line and frees up employees to assist customers in the sales process. Kiosks can also gather user contact information, which allow retailers to connect with consumers even after they’ve left the store. Retailers can leverage the information to promote extra savings throughout the holiday season and gather feedback from their customers.
Photo Credit: Meridian
- Self-service kiosks are changing the way tenants pay rent - September 27, 2018
- How digital kiosks are changing the small town experience - September 17, 2018
- Meridian Obtains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - August 22, 2018
- How interactive directories are changing shopping malls - August 15, 2018
- Why restaurants and customers love food service kiosks - July 26, 2018
- Does your business need self-service kiosks? - June 28, 2018
- Meridian introduces automotive kiosk solutions - June 12, 2018
- Your guide to kiosk software and digital signage software - May 9, 2018
- Enhance digital signage and kiosk solutions with analytics - March 29, 2018
- How order pick up kiosks create the “perfect” lunch break - February 21, 2018