NEC and Libelium create end to end IoT solutions for Smart Cities
Tokyo – NEC Corporation announced a strategic partnership in the field of Smart City solutions with Spain-based Libelium, a leading designer and producer of solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) technologies.
The combination of NEC’s CONNEXIVE IoT Platform with Libelium’s gateways and sensors promise to deliver advanced capabilities for IoT devices, including support for massive data storage, processing and analytics.
This partnership with Libelium will allow NEC to offer innovative solutions to a wide range of customers, including telecom carriers and enterprises. Both companies will work together to operationalize and achieve faster time to market deployment of IoT services to launch in Smart City, Smart Building and Smart Traffic Management areas. Moreover, Libelium’s sensor data will become available in plug-and-play mode for a wide range of NEC IoT applications without needing extra programming.
This partnership aims to benefit customers with the following:
- Plug-and-play Libelium sensors and gateways gaining data access through NEC’s CONNEXIVE IoT Platform.
- NEC’s CONNEXIVE IoT Platform allows policy-based data storage, which prevents duplicate development and keeps information secure.
- Flexibility through horizontal integration and faster time to market of new Libelium devices and sensors.
- Enables the deployment of cutting edge Libelium gateways and sensors globally.
“Through this partnership, NEC will expand the IoT ecosystem and contribute to customer efficiency while creating new social value,” said, Shigeru Okuya, Senior Vice President, NEC Corporation. “Libelium’s robust IoT sensor portfolio and NEC’s experience in integrating IoT solutions brings a unique, ready-to-use offering to the IoT market.”
“Libelium is currently shifting its strategic focus from sensor devices to its IoT Gateway Meshlium to extend its presence in the whole IoT value chain and allowing the development of end-to-end solutions, said Alicia Asín, CEO, Libelium. “The high interoperability of our IoT platform allows customers to access new market opportunities by flexibly connecting sensors and devices to any cloud platform through a full range of communication protocols.”
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com.
The NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018