By Justin Voty – Allure-Christie
Although simple to implement in today’s technological world, digital signage won’t be effective without some serious TLC. When taking the next step into the digital age of marketing, your organization will need coherent and consistent direction on a few essential topics. Here are a few key factors to consider when deploying digital signage for your business.
Know Your Organization’s Content Strategy
How many times have we heard that content is key? That’s because it’s true. Digital signs are only as effective as the content they display. If you miss your target audience or cut corners in design and messaging, it will stand out more clearly than ever. In order to combat this common mishap, it’s important to understand your target viewer base and how they will be interacting with your signage whether at a concession stand or a retail store. Key metrics such as how frequently your guests view the sign to their preferences on design and animation will drive your creative content development.
Keep the Location in Mind
How many locations will be displaying the content? Will it be one or multiple? How will this change the content display schedule? These are all questions to consider when implementing digital signs into your marketing mix. The site location will play a role in determining content management. Additionally, it’s good to consider who will be updating the signs for each location or whether it can be done remotely in one central site. This helps avoid confusion and keeps messaging consistent across the board (no pun intended).
Define Your Objectives
Planning is essential to implementing digital signage into your campaign. It will never be effective if you don’t have clear set goals and objectives defined from day one to guide your decisions and evaluations. What do you need to accomplish to deem your investment a success? That’s the heart of it. Whether you’re looking for a revenue lift, opportunity to promote new product, or a seamless customer experience, you need to be aware of those expectations at the outset.
Identify a Project Owner
Organizational dynamics can get tricky when new items are added to the mix, so figure out who’s taking ownership of this project before you do anything else. Whether it’s the IT, operations, or marketing team, everyone should know the role they play in the project and be ready to do their part to make the campaign a success.
Understand Unique Environmental Conditions
Digital signage isn’t a cookie cutter solution. It plays on the unique characteristics of your location and business in order to deliver an adaptable and customizable solution. Knowing if your signs will be indoors or outdoors and the climate of the cities they are located in are important for long-term upkeep and effectiveness. There are obvious differences between signage located outdoors in Phoenix compared to an indoor stadium in Chicago.
Overall, determining how to address these considerations will help you select the most appropriate signage partner while being prepared as an organization to implement the latest technology.
Photo Credit: iStock.com
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018