Photo Credit: iStock
Kings Dominion, Virginia’s premier amusement park, has updated their Picnic Pavilion with digital signage powered by Mvix
STERLING, Va. /PRNewswire/ — Located less than 30 miles north of Virginia’s capital Richmond, the 400-acre amusement park is consistently ranked among the best in the country. They see over 2 million visitors annually and manage over 60 rides and attractions, including 13 roller coasters, a 20-acre water park, and an annual HalloweenHaunt.
In addition to rides and attractions, Kings Dominion has a Picnic Pavilion that’s popular for group activities and corporate events. It boasts five sheltered picnic spaces with a maximum occupancy of 100 guests, as well as a central amphitheater for concerts and performances.
Reader boards with scrolling text were used for messaging in the pavilion but they had a lot of limitations – they were small and couldn’t be read from far, they were difficult to read in direct sunlight, messages were scrolling text only, and they did nothing for visual appeal.
Keeping these challenges in mind, Kings Dominion wanted a visual communication solution that was easy to update and customize:
- Any changes to content need to be reflected on the screens instantly
- The Marketing team, responsible for content, needed to control the screens remotely from their offices across the park
- They also wanted the ability to easily customize messages in order to personalize experiences
- The digital signage system had to be weather resistant and easy to read in direct sunlight
The solution was to install 10 outdoor signage displays in the Picnic Pavilion.
At the main entrance, the digital signs welcome guests and show the day’s picnic reservations.
Further down the pavilion, a second display lists the picnic spaces and directions and displays current vacancies and occupancy.
Each of the five picnic areas has a display showing the current guests and any other information they may want to display (e.g. a corporate group may want to display the picnic menu, a listing of activities for the day, company logo, and other branding elements, etc.)
Native content integrations in the software allow the marketing team to easily display information such as weather, traffic, social media, news tickers, and time together with picnic info. They also integrated their scheduling software with the signage software to automatically pull and display reservations. When the schedule is updated, the screens are automatically updated.
The Kings Dominion brand was clearly and powerfully expressed and communication goals were more fully achieved.
“The Mvix platform is exactly what we needed,” said Ron Sprouse, the IT Manager at Kings Dominion. “In fact, this was an important milestone for the marketing team — with less effort, they are able to offer picnic guests elevated experiences that have resulted in repeat business, positive reviews, and an enhanced brand image.”
“Kings Dominion realized the impact an investment in digital signage would have on their revenue growth and we’re honored they selected our platform to help them achieve their customer experience and revenue goals,” said Mike Kilian, the Mvix Senior Director of Business Development.
To read the detailed case study, download your free copy here.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018