BrightSign’s HD1023 player powers virtual assistant at Barcelona-El Prat Airport
Using BrightSign’s HD1023 player, passengers to El-Prat Airport are given a virtual greeting to improve the customer journey.
Cambridge, UK, – BrightSign, LLC®, the global market leader in digital signage media players, announced that its HD1023 player has been used at the busy Barcelona-El Prat Airport to power a Virtual Assistant that provides useful information to passengers.
Using the latest technology, an optical illusion of a real person has been created at the security gates to make the process smoother and help to improve the overall passenger experience.
The virtual assistant can be found at the security filters of Terminals T1 and T2B, informing passengers of the necessary steps to access and pass through the security checkpoint ahead. Detailed information, given by the assistant, ensures passengers arrive at the checkpoint with all their belongings ready for inspection. Security messages are given by the virtual assistant in five languages: Catalán, Castilian Spanish, English, Russian and Chinese.
The new initiative is part of the Barcelona-El Prat Airport Quality Plan, the aim of which is to provide top-quality services to passengers, all year round, paying special attention to security, signage and comfort. The new virtual assistant demonstrates the firm intention of Aena to incorporate the latest technologies into the management of its installations and in its service delivery.
Part of BrightSign’s innovative Series 3 product line, the HD1023 is an expanded I/O player ideal for mainstream Full HD and HTML5 applications that require high reliability and ease of use; both crucial in airport security. It offers H.265 decoding, hardware-accelerated HTML5 engine and 1080p60 video decode, along with BrightSign’s highly reliable media-handling platform and signature ease of use. All Series 3 HD models support Gigabit Ethernet, as well as robust interactive controls and dynamic live content features.
For more information about BrightSign’s complete portfolio of digital signage products, visit http://www.brightsign.biz .
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign manufactures media players, and provides free software and networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the digital signage marketplace. From entry-level BrightSign LS players to BrightSign XT players offering state-of-the-art technology and unsurpassed performance, BrightSign’s products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, ease-of-use, and market-leading technology. For more information, visit www.brightsign.biz. Follow BrightSign at http://twitter.com/brightsign and http://www.facebook.com/BrightSignLLC.
BrightSign and the BrightSign logo are registered trademarks of BrightSign, LLC in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Photo Credit: BrightSign
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018