Anti-glare tempered glass enhances touch experience and reduced power consumption lowers TCO
CHICAGO – To improve collaboration among teachers and students and create new ways for students to learn, NEC Display Solutions of America announced today the 65-inch E651-T display. The 10-point integrated infrared (IR) touchscreen is a cost-conscious commercial-grade display targeting the K-12 education market.
Drawing on insights from educators, NEC Display built a solution that minimizes technology distractions, maximizes classroom time and learning, and reduces costs.
The display’s anti-glare, tempered glass, for example, allows for a more matte finish on the surface of the panel that not only protects the display from damage but also reduces the incidental fingerprinting and glare that can often take away from the imagery on the screen. This also allows for a more natural feel when touching the glass, forming a familiar tactile experience that is similar to that of a smart device.
The display’s power consumption – just 140 watts – is extremely low considering the sizeable surface area of the fully commercial display. This helps lower the overall total cost of ownership for the customer. The display also has a built-in media player that can be prioritized so that the display can automatically switch to USB-loaded content when the touchscreen is not in use via an external source.
“NEC Display has lowered the price point at which schools can take advantage of a rugged, interactive 65-inch solution,” said Kevin Christopherson, Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display. “The lightweight E651-T display can be mounted on a wall, on a cart or in a huddle space. Its mission is to energize the blended learning needs of today’s classrooms and foster a more productive learning environment; we are proud to help educators meet these goals.”
The other benefits of the new E651-T display include:
- Integrated IR touch capabilities for finger, pen or included stylus touch interaction
- High brightness efficiency at 400 cd/m2 of brightness
- Commercial-grade backlighting
- Reduced overall depth to 3.4 total inches
- Free DisplayNote presenter license for in-classroom collaboration
- HDMI x3 and VGA video inputs
- Integrated 10W x 2 speakers
- Built-in 24-hour scheduler function
- Landscape or Portrait orientation capable
The E651-T display will be available in June 2017 at a minimum advertised price of $2,799.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., a leading designer and provider of innovative displays, offers the widest range of products on the market, such as commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. Benefitting from the technologies of NEC Corporation and its own Research and Development, NEC produces leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including education, retail, transportation, broadcast, enterprise, healthcare, houses of worship, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at www.nec.com.
The NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.nec.com/en/global/about/solutionsforsociety/message.html.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2017 NEC Corporation.
Photo Credit: NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018