IRVING, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, communications, networking and biometric solutions, today announced another key and tangible benefit of its Smart Enterprise approach to unified communications: biometric integration into its UNIVERGE Communication platforms. NEC launched its Smart Enterprise approach to unified communications less than two years ago with the promise of delivering an IT communications infrastructure that helps companies have a more predictive business that they can operate at a lower cost and empower them to be more competitive. It also helps the customer solve business issues, innovate business processes, delivers a stable ICT solution and lets the customer focus on their key business challenges.
One of the primary benefits inherent in NEC’s Smart Enterprise architecture is to go beyond existing UCC capabilities and dramatically improve communication network operations by bringing new technologies like SDN, analytics and biometrics into NEC’s UNIVERGE UCC platform. At the upcoming Enterprise Connect Conference in Orlando, Florida at the Gaylord Palms March 27-30, 2017, NEC will demonstrate some of its latest technology integration, including biometrics. NEC is now conducting field testing and preparing a delivery timetable for a variety of biometric applications that have been integrated into its UCC UNIVERGE platform. Included in these applications are:
- Virtual Receptionist – NEC’s NeoFace Welcome provides a personal touch by recognizing registered individuals through facial recognition and greeting them by name and dynamic dialog paths based on who they are while unregistered visitors will also be greeted appropriately based on programmed parameters and identifiers. Customers receive a distinguished experience while employees are free to focus on other vital activities. Additionally, age/gender recognition can trigger tailored advertisements/greetings and can trigger notifications to sales personnel for immediate follow-up and interaction.At Enterprise Connect, NEC’s NeoFace Welcome demonstration will be able to identify faces and greet the return visitors by name. Unknown visitors will be prompted to register. Visitors will be able to place an audio or video call and send IM to the Host UT880 phone or UC Client. NeoFace Welcome will be able to identify age/gender and play tailored commercials along with metrics on visitors by age, gender and count.
- Security Solutions with Biometrics Technologies – NeoFace Watch with the industry leading facial recognition performance can be used to enhance business performance in a number of innovative ways, including identification of individuals in a crowd for public safety, retail loss prevention, crowd flow management, dwell-time analysis, and dual authentication access control. In an enterprise environment, quick identification of people integrated into workflows enhances safety, productivity and customer experiences.When a match is detected, a customized IM message is sent to the UCC platform detailing who, when and where the match was detected. The Hospitality industry has keen interest in this: Hotel receptionist and concierge services would use it to get notified of a VIP guest, or high value and returning customers arrive from any of the property entrance. This will allow them to receive them in person, greet them by their name and provide them a better service. Also this can be used to identify any staff that were terminated when they enter the property and take appropriate action.
“From the beginning, our Smart Enterprise approach promised to deliver the first real market shift to a UCC market that was becoming somewhat commoditized,” said Ram Menghani, vice president, Product Management, NEC Corporation of America. “We are now beginning to integrate a series of difference–making technologies like SDN, analytics and biometrics – into our UNIVERGE platform that will deliver and change unified communications as we know it.”
NEC’s Smart Enterprise technology solutions are now helping companies achieve value. This innovative portfolio of communications, analytics, security, cloud, biometrics and SDN technology deliver compelling solutions that maximize benefits of a Smart Enterprise strategy, evidenced in a powerful, efficient and bottom-line focused communications offering.
NEC information: www.necam.com/newsroom
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
About NEC Corporation of America
NEC Corporation of America (NEC) is a leading technology integrator providing solutions that improve the way people work and communicate. NEC delivers integrated Solutions for Society that are aligned with our customers’ priorities to create new value for people, businesses and society, with a special focus on safety, security and efficiency. We deliver one of the industry’s strongest and most innovative portfolios of communications, analytics, security, biometrics and technology solutions that unleash customers’ productivity potential. Through these solutions, NEC combines its best-in-class solutions and technology, and leverages a robust partner ecosystem to solve today’s most complex business problems. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in 160 countries and $25 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
© 2017 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Photo Credit: iStock
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018