CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Display Solutions of America announced today eight new XGA- and WXGA-resolution projectors, improving classrooms and meeting spaces with the next generation of multi-purpose LCD models.
The light-weight, portable ME Series projectors include 3,000-, 3,300-, 3,600- and 4,000-lumen options that meet the color reproduction needs of the K-12 classroom. The units include a 1.7x zoom lens for added installation flexibility, making it easy for new and replacement situations.Supporting collaboration and screen sharing are key drivers of the new ME Series projectors. They utilize NEC’s MultiPresenter, a multi-user (up to 16 connections from smart phones, tablets and PCs) collaborative screen-sharing solution that allows students and instructors to share images, files, documents, presentations, and more simultaneously over a wired or wireless network. Operating system agnostic, it combines users of Windows, MAC, iOS and Android operating systems onto a single screen.
The new ME Series projectors also feature advanced geometry adjustments such as horizontal and vertical keystone, cornerstone, and pincushion, which can be easily and quickly made to keep a squared image on the screen, regardless of whether the projector is moved from room to room or permanently installed.
“We recognize the need for projectors that deliver great presentations and foster collaboration to enhance learning environments,” said Richard McPherson, Senior Product Manager of Projectors at NEC Display. “The ME Series projectors give educational institutions and other sectors top-line color reproduction without breaking their budgets.”
Among the other benefits of the ME Series projectors:
- Quick Start, allowing for projection in seconds
- Extended lamp life (up to 9,000 hours) and fewer lamp and filter replacements, which help lower users’ total cost of ownership
- Simple replacement of legacy LCD projectors with same footprint, lens position, and throw angle
The ME Series projectors ship with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in February 2017 at a minimum advertised price as follows:
- NP-ME301W – $629
- NP-ME301X – $529
- NP-ME331W – $699
- NP-ME331X – $599
- NP-ME361W – $749
- NP-ME361X – $649
- NP-ME401W – $949
- NP-ME401X – $849
Lamps are covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. To register for Star Student, educational institutions can visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., a leading designer and provider of innovative displays, offers the widest range of products on the market, such as commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. Benefitting from the technologies of NEC Corporation and its own Research and Development, NEC produces leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including education, retail, transportation, broadcast, enterprise, healthcare, houses of worship, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at www.nec.com.
The NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.nec.com/en/global/about/solutionsforsociety/message.html.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2017 NEC Corporation.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018