Toronto’s Scotia Plaza last year undertook a digital transformation of its concourse level, with the help of Cineplex Digital Solutions – featuring the Plaza’s Interactive Media Wall, a large resolution touchscreen designed to engage the public with interactive experiences that can be shared through social media platforms.
The Interactive Media Wall – the second phase of the project – showcased CDS’s capabilities leveraging digital display and interactive technologies, the company said.
Launching with a “build-your-own” NHL Hockey Card app, the system allows users to become members of their favorite team by activating the wall’s camera to take their photo and customizing the card to later share on social media. In addition to touch and photo-capture technology, the Interactive Media Wall features gesture interactivity, and uses other cameras to gather real-time analytics on usage.
The first phase featured several installations of large-format, high-resolution digital signage technologies, integrated into the newly renovated concourse, with the new iTrade branch serving as the focal point.
“The Interactive Media Wall is a great example of how we can leverage technology to help a client deliver on their brand promise,” said Steve Harris, vice president of CDS, in the announcement. “The digital screens in the Investment Centre and the concourse demonstrate CDS’s ability and commitment to delivering the best digital innovative experiences for our clients.”
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018