The global biometric leader launches its first multi-modal capture livescan solution
IRVING, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, communications, networking, public safety and biometric solutions, today announced that it is introducing SmartScan™, the biometric industry’s most advanced multi-modal capture solution. SmartScan breaks from convention with an extraordinarily functional ergonomic design and a Microsoft Windows 10 user interface delivering leading edge biometric technology. These advancements, coupled with NEC’s commitment to service and support will exceed the needs of law enforcement agencies and civil departments for many years to come.
The livescan stations today suffer from being obsolete, having a clunky design, an outdated user interface, lack of security features and are difficult to support and maintain. NEC’s SmartScan is different. It starts with a modern user interface and intuitive screens utilizing Microsoft Windows 10 with modern touch, pinch-and-zoom and swipe features now common on all devices. Then it is housed in a visually pleasing, height adjustable, ergonomically designed kiosk with larger foot pedals for improved fingerprint and palmprint capture. Comprehensive managed services offer both centralized and remote managed service options, both backed by our extensive knowledge available for onsite local and managed remote support. Finally, enhanced security measures protect SmartScan from intrusion and malware attacks. The result is a fresh, new approach to a multi-modal biometrics capture solution that leads to better quality capture and guaranteed service level agreements.
“We are very excited and proud to further expand our portfolio and introduce SmartScan to the market,” said Raffie Beroukhim, senior vice president, Biometrics Solutions Division, NEC Corporation of America. “As the global leader, we listened to our customers and developed a solution like no other addressing their user-friendliness, security and long-term support requirements. SmartScan delivers breakthrough ergonomics, intuitive software, a user-friendly operating system and efficient multi-modal biometric accurate image capture in any environment. Our forward-looking technology, easy update modules backed by our industry-leading, comprehensive support services and global footprint ensure a sound investment for customers for a very long time.”
NEC information: www.necam.com
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
© 2016 NEC Corporation of America. NEC, SmartScan and NeoFace are registered trademarks of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018