CHICAGO – August 2, 2016 – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, today announced the X551UHD display, a 55-inch ultra-high-definition (UHD) model delivering content at 60 Hz and four times the resolution of full HD.
Concurrently, the company introduced the 65-inch X651UHD-2, 84-inch X841UHD-2 and 98-inch X981UHD-2 displays, which include all the features of existing models plus UHD/60Hz support through their existing OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) slots. These models, as well as the X551UHD display, enable users to insert the optional NEC SB-08DC card into the displays’ OPS slots to give users an extra HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2 input. The SB-08DC also is fully HDCP 2.2 compliant.
CAD/CAM design, corporate, retail and transportation are just some of the sectors that will benefit from the displays’ immersive imagery.
“The new X551UHD and -2 models round out the professional UHD lineup by adding the ability to showcase UHD at 60Hz through the OPS slot,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display. “They also come with Multi Picture Mode, which delivers up to four simultaneous feeds, allowing for content flexibility and a multitude of digital signage applications.”
Together, these features give users the highest levels of performance for their business needs.
The X551UHD and the other displays also have the ability to enhance content non-native to the resolutions of their panels. Expanding on normal upscaling – when a full high-definition signal is brought into the system – the new UHD Upscaling feature uses algorithms to adjust pixels based on the intensity and color of surrounding pixels in order to provide an even sharper and richer image.
Here are some of the other benefits of each model:
- Full 60Hz UHD (3840 x 2160) content playback through a single DisplayPort input or through the OPS option slot when a PC or the SB-08DC is installed
- 500 cd/m2 maximum brightness and up to 4000:1 contrast ratio
- Up to 10-bit color performance, delivering superior color fidelity
- Integrated temperature sensors and thermodynamic cooling fans for the most rigorous digital signage apps
- Highly flexible connectivity with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4 x4, Dual Link x2
- Full breadth of NEC software support (NaViSet Administrator, PD Comms, SpectraView, MultiProfiler and NEC Display Wall Calibrator), delivering unprecedented system and color control
- Reduced power consumption with LED direct backlighting
- Landscape and portrait modes for installation flexibility
- Built-in dual 10W speakers
The X551UHD display is available now at a minimum advertised price of $3,999. The X651UHD-2, X841UHD-2 and X981UHD-2 displays also will be available this month at a minimum advertised price of $5,999, $13,499 and $39,999, respectively. Each display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., a leading designer and provider of innovative displays, offers the widest range of products on the market, such as commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. Benefitting from the technologies of NEC Corporation and its own Research and Development, NEC produces leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including education, retail, transportation, broadcast, enterprise, healthcare, houses of worship, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at www.nec.com.The NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.nec.com/en/global/about/solutionsforsociety/message.html.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2016 NEC Corporation.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018