Partnership pairs Appspace ease-of-use with BrightSign enterprise-grade performance
DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Appspace Inc. and BrightSign Inc. today announced that the companies are working together to enable BrightSign players to integrate with the Appspace digital content management and delivery platform.
“We couldn’t be happier to be working with BrightSign,” said Brandon Miles, Chief Executive Officer for Appspace. “Enterprise customers love BrightSign devices and count on their rock-solid, 24×7 performance.”
“Our partnership provides an unparalleled digital signage hardware/CMS combination for enterprise corporate communications,” said Jeff Hastings, Chief Executive Officer for BrightSign. “We look forward to delivering exceptional joint solutions for future Fortune 1000 installations.”
Available in the cloud or entirely on-premises, the Appspace platform provides a robust toolset for managing content—including digital signage and video—and distributing it to televisions, mobile devices, and notebook and desktop computers. Appspace is used by customers around the world, including seven of the top ten Fortune 500 companies, in a wide range of use cases including workforce communications, guest communications, and retail signage.
BrightSign digital signage devices are industry-leading solutions known by the commercial digital signage market worldwide for their signature reliability, affordability, and ease-of-use.
“We’re excited to have BrightSign players in the portfolio of devices that work with Appspace,” said Stan Stephens, Chief Science Officer for Appspace. “BrightSign devices deliver features that are must-haves for many customers—enterprises in particular—such as multicast streaming and full functionality without an Internet connection.”
Additional features of the BrightSign devices currently being integrated with Appspace include:
- Multicast UDP video with H.264 and MPEG-2 codecs
- Power over Ethernet support
- Extensive codec and container support
- HRMI input for picture-in-picture
- 3.5mm IR input for universal IR remote
“Whenever we extend our platform or ecosystem, we focus on adding capabilities without adding complexity,” said Kyle Smith, Sr. Director of Product Management for Appspace. “The Appspace and BrightSign engineering teams are working hand in hand to deliver a customer experience that has the capabilities, workflows, and performance that Appspace and BrightSign customers know to expect.”
Early-stage Appspace software for BrightSign is ready for use by new or existing Appspace customers. Customers interested in learning more about or starting to use Appspace + BrightSign can contact Appspace sales or their Appspace reseller for more information.
BrightSign LLC, the global market leader in digital signage media players, is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, with offices in Europe and Asia. BrightSign manufactures media players, and provides free software and networking solutions for the commercial digital signage market worldwide, serving all vertical segments of the digital signage marketplace. From entry-level BrightSign LS players to BrightSign 4K players offering state-of-the-art technology and unsurpassed performance, BrightSign’s products are known for their signature reliability, affordability, ease-of-use, and market-leading technology. For more information, visit www.brightsign.biz. Follow BrightSign at http://twitter.com/brightsign and http://www.facebook.com/BrightSignLLC.
Founded in 2002, Appspace provides a powerful content management and delivery platform for distributing digital signage, video, messaging, and data to TVs, mobile devices, and personal computing systems. Ideal for workforce communications as well as retail, education, and public environments, Appspace enables communicators to manage global or customized messaging from a single tool, and keep messages consistent, up-to-date, and compelling. Our expert sales, services, and support team covers more than 13 countries around the world, serving 600 customers including industry leaders in verticals ranging from retail, banking, energy, entertainment, and manufacturing to healthcare, education, and government.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018