NEC monitor serves high resolution medical imaging and mammography modalities
CHICAGO – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, today announced Food and Drug Administration clearance of its MultiSync® MD211G5 medical-grade monitor for use in tomosynthesis applications and full field digital mammography (FFDM). The 21-inch NEC display is built for the displaying and viewing of digital images for diagnosis by trained physicians.
The five-megapixel, grayscale monitor, which also has been cleared for standard mammography, offers out-of-the-box factory DICOM calibration and uniformity control for consistent imaging across the entire screen. Its IPS panel features a 1200:1 contrast ratio and 500 cd/m2 of calibrated brightness. The MD211G5 display also comes with GammaCompMD QA software for managing conformance to the AAPM TG-18 standard.
“We are honored to receive FDA clearance for use in tomosynthesis and FFDM in addition to the earlier FDA 510(k) clearance for mammography,” said Art Marshall, Senior Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display. “This demonstrates NEC’s commitment to providing the right products for every modality our customers require.”
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT), which combines tomography with digital radiography, renders breast images in 3D and accounts for more than one-half of the breast-imaging market, according to a report by iData Research.
A separate study by the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine published in JAMA Oncology found that initial DBT screening led to, among other things, fewer patients called back for sometimes unnecessary imaging.
For more information about the MD211G5 display, please visit NEC Display.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. It develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including digital signage, education, graphics, healthcare, restaurants, retail, transportation, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET powers growth in the digital out-of-home advertising business, and creates new revenue opportunities for DOOH network owners from trading desks, digital agencies and online companies. As the only global solution for online DOOH ad buying, VUKUNET automates campaign planning, inventory availability, flighting of ads and reporting of POP. For additional information on this ad serving platform from NEC Display Solutions of America, please visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018