Single-Chip DLP projector delivers 20,000 hours of life at max brightness for virtually any application
CHICAGO – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, today announced the PX803UL projector, a single-chip DLP 8,000-lumen laser projector that is the first of its kind in this market category.
The single-chip DLP projector combined with a laser light source delivers 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free life. A longer life span and sealed optical engine allow the projector to be used for extended periods of time, including applications running 24×7. Throughout the extended usage of the projector, the DLP technology provides a better white uniformity creating a clear, consistent image.
The PX803UL delivers a wide array of features tailored to fit customer needs, including the ability to rotate the projector 360 degrees or use it in portrait applications. The capability to adjust picture controls and geometry allows the projected image to be tailored to customer preferences and stored in memory for continual use. Helping customers address their needs even further, the PX803UL provides a new constant brightness mode that creates a stable brightness while not degrading the image. When used in conjunction with the edge blending feature, it ensures a uniform picture over the life of the projector.
The new PX803UL uses the same lenses as the existing lamp-based PX Series projectors. This allows current users of the PX700W/PX700W2, PX750U/PX750U2 and PX800X/PX800X2 an easy upgrade path to SSL projection without the need to purchase additional lenses. Additionally, the new UST lens with a 0.38:1 throw ratio creates new installation capabilities for the PX803UL.
Besides traditional industry sectors like higher education and corporate, the PX803UL projector opens up opportunities for applications in simulation, network operations centers, digital signage, houses of worship, oil & gas, utilities, transportation, manufacturing and entertainment. Without a predefined working area as found with large-screen displays, content developers can let their imaginations run wild in determining what customers will see.
“The high reliability, high-durability laser model is an appealing new option for digital signage and other market applications that haven’t used projectors before,” said Richard McPherson, Senior Product Manager of Projectors at NEC Display. “Because the PX803UL projector is the first of its kind in this market category, it gives industries the opportunity to remain ahead of the curve in terms of projection.”
Benefits of the PX803UL projector include:
- Quick Start function, helping the projector reach the needed brightness level promptly
- WUXGA (1,920 x 1,200) resolution
- Tile matrix, enabling 4Kx2K resolution using four edge blended projectors
- 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Available in black or white cabinets
- Lens throw distances ranging from 1.5ft. to 179.8ft.
- Capability to project uncompressed full HD video with integrated HDBaseT
- HDMI with HDCP, HDBaseT, VGA, and DisplayPort with HDCP inputs
- Portrait mode and tilt-free installation capabilities, which allow projection in almost any orientation
- OPS option slot, which enables a self-contained digital signage solution with audio, video, power and control all internal to the projector
- Cornerstone and geometric correction, which ensures an accurately portrayed image no matter where the projector is placed or the shape it’s projecting on to
- Stacking correction and edge blending capabilities, offering a larger-sized image option
- Eco Mode and low power consumption, which help reduce the overall total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Integrated software applications, such as DisplayNote, Crestron Roomview, AMX Beacon, and PJ Link, which allow for complete interactivity and control
The PX803UL projector (in black and white models) will be available in February 2016 at a minimum advertised price of $16,999. To register for NEC Display’s Star Student Program, educational institutions can visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. It develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including digital signage, education, graphics, healthcare, restaurants, retail, transportation, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET powers growth in the digital out-of-home advertising business, and creates new revenue opportunities for DOOH network owners from trading desks, digital agencies and online companies. As the only global solution for online DOOH ad buying, VUKUNET automates campaign planning, inventory availability, flighting of ads and reporting of POP. For additional information on this ad serving platform from NEC Display Solutions of America, please visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018