Calibrations conducted during off hours make life easier for radiology, IT staff
CHICAGO – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the MultiSync® MDC212C2 monitor, a clinical review display with a built-in calibration timer so technicians can schedule calibrations of displays during off hours.
The 2-megapixel 21.3-inch color display includes a front sensor to maintain calibrated brightness, elevating the level of trust that medical imaging personnel have in the display’s performance. It also includes a human sensor that turns off the LCD screen when a radiologist leaves a desk, saving power and extending the life of the display.
With its self-calibration capability, the MDC212C2 display does not require a computer, software nor a person to handle calibration. It completes the job itself at a time that is convenient for radiologists.
“The MDC212C2 display makes life easier for radiology and IT departments alike,” said Art Marshall, Senior Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “For IT, this is significant because there is no longer a need to leave computers on all night, or worry about calibration being interrupted by routine maintenance tasks. Radiology techs also benefit, though, because they don’t have to take time out of their busy days to perform this function, leaving them with more time to do their reads.”
The desktop display also is built for 24 x 7 usage, so it can be deployed at a nurse’s station. It features a conventional format 4:3 aspect ratio and 1,600 x 1,200-resolution in an IPS panel that covers 97.9 percent of the sRGB color space.
Other features of the MDC212C2 include:
- Professional-grade backlight technologies, which help deliver a long display life
- 440 cd/m2 maximum brightness, 180 cd/m2 calibrated
- Quick QA function for checking DICOM conformance
- Black level control to manage contrast ratio (1500:1)
- Digital Uniformity Correction to ensure consistent color and brightness over the entire screen area
- Internal 14-bit 3D programmable lookup tables (LUTs)
- Multiple connectivity options, including DisplayPort 1.2, DVI and VGA
- Built-in 3 port USB 3.0 hub, which provides connectivity for the latest devices
- Ergonomic flexibility, including tilt, swivel, height and pivot between landscape/portrait orientations
- 2W (1W + 1W) business-class speakers
4 Year Warranty with 48-hour Advanced Exchange service
The MultiSync MDC212C2 display is pending FDA clearance, ships with a 4-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in December 2015 at a minimum advertised price of $1,499.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. It develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including digital signage, education, graphics, healthcare, restaurants, retail, transportation, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET powers growth in the digital out-of-home advertising business, and creates new revenue opportunities for DOOH network owners from trading desks, digital agencies and online companies. As the only global solution for online DOOH ad buying, VUKUNET automates campaign planning, inventory availability, flighting of ads and reporting of POP. For additional information on this ad serving platform from NEC Display Solutions of America, please visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018