Broadcasters, retailers and command & control rooms among industries benefiting from premium off-angle viewing and color reproduction
CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the X555UNS and X555UNV displays, additions to its powerful 24×7 video wall solutions portfolio.
The new 55-inch displays use S-IPS panels, which deliver superior off-angle viewing and excellent color reproduction at off viewing angles in both landscape and portrait orientation. The new panel technology is particularly important to industry sectors like broadcast, retail and command & control.
The X555UNS and X555UNV displays also boast localized dimming capabilities, enabling their backlights to dynamically change based on content. That means the backlighting behind the panel is controlled based on what’s currently displayed on the screen where darker content has dimmer backlighting and lighter content may leverage the backlights up to their full capabilities, providing a more vivid overall image.
“By utilizing S-IPS panel technology in these new 55-inch video wall displays, we are continuing to strengthen our video wall lineup,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Large Screen Displays and Projectors at NEC Display. “With less color shift for angled viewing and 10-bit color processing, the X Series video-wall displays improve the visual impact of content with key audiences, not limited to, but including the broadcast, retail and command and control industries.”
One of the displays’ key features is FrameComp, which compensates for content lag typically seen in larger video walls with horizontal moving objects. Also, previous generations of video wall displays were able to daisy chain only 1080p resolutions; whereas the X555UNS and X555UNV displays can now daisy chain up to 2160p, allowing 4x the resolution across the entire digital canvas.
Faster installation also is possible with these new models, which leads to reductions in costs and improved customer experiences. Auto TileMatrix allows a user to simply set up the size of the video wall on the first display and automatically scale the content through the remaining displays. With the press of a few buttons, the entire video wall is complete.
The displays support Intel’s Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), an industry-wide standard in option slots to simplify digital signage. The OPS option slots enable easier installation, use and maintenance. Audio, video, power and control are all internal to the displays.
Among the other benefits of each display:
- Full commercial build with steel chassis, commercial-grade cooling fans and temperature sensor
- Direct LED-backlighting, which translates to improved brightness uniformity, reduced power consumption and mercury-free components.
- Bezel gap of just 3.5mm between neighboring displays
- Auto ID, Auto IP Address and Auto TileMatrix, which ease the time necessary to set up control and image properties across the video walls
- Panel brightness of 500 cd/m² for the X555UNV and 700 cd/m² for the X555UNS
- 3500:1 contrast ratio
- 10-bit color processing for up to 1.07-billion viewable colors
- Expanded connectivity panel, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI
- Expanded daisy chain options with DisplayPort 1.2, which enables 4K resolution across entire wall
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings
- NaViSet Administrator 2 software compatible, which allows asset management capabilities of the products as well as full control and task management
- Optional color calibration software, which stores information within the LUT (Look Up Tables) of the display, and ensures color uniformity and fidelity across multiple screens
The X555UNS and X555UNV displays will be available in October 2015 at a minimum advertised price of $7,599 and $4,999, respectively. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. The X555UNS and X555UNV are also available in 2×2 (X555UNS-TMX4P & X555UNV-TMX4P) and 3×3 (X555UNS-TMX9P & X555UNV-TMX9P) bundle options.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. It develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including digital signage, education, graphics, healthcare, restaurants, retail, transportation, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET powers growth in the digital out-of-home advertising business, and creates new revenue opportunities for DOOH network owners from trading desks, digital agencies and online companies. As the only global solution for online DOOH ad buying, VUKUNET automates campaign planning, inventory availability, flighting of ads and reporting of POP. For additional information on this ad serving platform from NEC Display Solutions of America, please visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018