The annual event recognized providers who are leading the charge in banking and payments technologies.
LOUISVILLE, KY (PRWEB) – In conjunction with its annual ATM & Mobile Innovation Summit, Networld Media Group handed out its first ever awards to recognize innovators in ATM and mobile technology. The awards ceremony, sponsored by MasterCard, took place on Sept. 10 at the Terrace at 101 Constitution in Washington, D.C.
Award winners this year included:
- BMO Harris — Most Innovative Financial Institution
Judge’s comment: “BMO Harris is one of the leaders in pushing innovative technologies in its branches and mobile channels.”
- WSFS Mobile Cash — Most Innovative ATM Technology
Judge’s comment: “WSFS integrated an exceptionally easy-to-use cardless cash feature into its ATMs and mobile banking app — and supported it with an easy-to-understand animated demo in order to encourage customer interest and uptake.”
- ZipLine — Most Innovative Mobile Technology
Judge’s comment: “As one of the first in the space to offer this capability to fuel operators, it offers a potential way for them to skip costly EMV upgrade and go straight to mobile-only.”
Networld also recognized industry leaders with its 2015 Excellence, Leadership and Innovation (ELI) Awards. ELI winners included:
- Citishare — For demonstrating industry leadership among major US-based financial institutions by being the first to start and complete a 100% upgrade of its branch ATMs to EMV.
- Columbus Data Systems — For demonstrating industry leadership among processors by making EMV platform upgrades not only a high operational priority but also a commercial differentiator, truly turning a risk into an opportunity.
- Credomatic — For demonstrating industry leadership by its tireless commitment to EMV migration as it successfully migrated its entire ATM network in six Central American countries. Also, Credomatic is recognized for its unselfish support of competitive acquirers after the EMV liability shift so they could maintain their own ATM networks.
- Payment Alliance International — For demonstrating industry leadership by mobilizing its large and diverse group of market partners and working relentlessly with terminal manufacturers and equipment suppliers to ensure that independent ATM operators across the country have access to the EMV hardware and software they need.
- Scotiabank — For demonstrating industry leadership by simultaneously completing separate EMV certification projects in 20 island nations in the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and Peru, and successfully migrating its entire ATM network. In many of these cases, Scotiabank was the first ATM acquirer to migrate to EMV in the country.
Judges for the awards included the editors of ATM Marketplace and Mobile Payments Today, as well as several respected industry analysts and consultants:
- Suzanne Cluckey, ATMmarketplace.com
- Richard Crone, Crone Consulting
- Sam Ditzion, Tremont Capital Group
- Michelle Evans, Euromonitor International
- Will Hernandez, MobilePaymentsToday.com
- Jordan McKee, 451 Research
The ATM & Mobile Innovation Summit is a conference devoted to discussing current trends and technologies in financial services and payments. The event is jointly organized and hosted by the Electronic Funds Transfer Association and Networld, the publisher of ATM Marketplace and Mobile Payments Today.
About Networld Media Group
Founded in 2000, Networld Media Group is a leading business-to-business (B2B) media communications company specializing in digital media, associations and events in the mobile, self-service, digital signage, retail, food service and financial services industries. Online properties include ATMmarketplace.com, DigitalSignageToday.com, FastCasual.com, PizzaMarketplace.com, KioskMarketplace.com, MobilePaymentsToday.com, VirtualCurrencyToday.com, QSRweb.com, RetailCustomerExperience.com and ChurchCentral.com. The company produces executive summits in the fast casual, retail, ATM and mobile payments industries. Its custom media division develops Web sites, premium content and marketing services for associations such as the ATM Industry Association, the Electronic Funds Transfer Association and the ICX Association.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018