Schools, businesses benefit from projectors’ ‘Bring your own device’ approach
CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today a new generation of M Series short-throw projectors that foster deep collaboration among users.
Using the latest DLP® technology from Texas Instruments, the 3,300-lumen M333XS and 3,500-lumen M353WS models deliver high contrast images (10,000:1), are filter free, and have 0.6:1 and 0.48:1 throw ratios, respectively.
Environmentally-friendly features include ECO Mode™ with ambient light sensor, which increases lamp life up to 8,000 hours, while lowering power consumption, as well as quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and auto power on via the RGB input connector. A carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projectors in ECO Mode.
Advanced software lets K-12, higher education and business users network their projectors for easier management and control. The Image Express Utility Lite function allows up to 16 devices – from PCs, tablets and smart phones – to be wirelessly connected to each projector concurrently. Thumbnail images give presenters easy visibility to each participating device so they can easily toggle between sources.
The projectors also include NEC DisplayNote Software, an app that lets leaders and participants present, share and annotate content from any platform or device so their notes are automatically saved. Additional DisplayNote licenses are available for purchase.
“The M Series projectors subscribe to a ‘bring your own device’ philosophy with their wireless capabilities, and let educators and business professionals determine what sources to display on-screen in an instant,” said Bob Guentner, Senior Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “The projectors’ superb color accuracy and high contrast ratios enable viewers to see a high degree of detail, even in rooms with higher ambient light.”
The M333XS and M353WS projectors include the following features:
- XGA and WXGA native resolutions, respectively
- DLP engine, featuring BrilliantColor™ Technology
- HDMI 3D display up to 144Hz
- DICOM display mode
- Dual HDMI inputs to connect to multiple external devices
- Automatic keystone correction technology, which instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen
- Sealed optics engine
- Powerful 20-watt speaker
- Microphone input
- Low power consumption (0.2W in stand-by mode), which minimizes energy costs
- Optional interactive camera module (NP03Wi) and wireless dongle (NP05LM1)
The M333XS and M353WS ship with a two-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in September 2015 at their minimum advertised prices of $959 and $1,069, respectively. The warranty on the lamp is for 500 hours or 1 year, whichever comes first.
To register for NEC Display’s Star Student Program, educational institutions can visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. It develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including digital signage, education, graphics, healthcare, restaurants, retail, transportation, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET powers growth in the digital out-of-home advertising business, and creates new revenue opportunities for DOOH network owners from trading desks, digital agencies and online companies. As the only global solution for online DOOH ad buying, VUKUNET automates campaign planning, inventory availability, flighting of ads and reporting of POP. For additional information on this ad serving platform from NEC Display Solutions of America, please visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018