TileMatrix processing delivers UHD resolution across an entire video wall
CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Forward-looking organizations continue to deploy video walls for strategic business advantage. According to market research firm DisplaySearch, the global large-screen display market is expected to grow 27 percent this year to more than 3-million units shipped, and video walls are contributing to that expansion.
In order to address rising market expectations, NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the X554UNV display, ideal for indoor video wall applications in control rooms, retail stores and transportation environments.
With an ultra-narrow bezel design of just 3.5mm between neighboring displays, commercial-grade brightness and Ultra HD TileMatrix support, the X554UNV delivers brilliant imagery and a 3840 x 2160 UHD resolution across an entire video wall. Its direct LED-backlighting also delivers improved brightness uniformity, reduced power consumption and mercury-free components.
In addition, Auto TileMatrix features allow a user to simply set up the size of the video wall on the first display and automatically scale the content through the remaining displays. With the press of a few buttons, the entire video wall is set up. The result is faster installation, which reduces costs and improves the customer experience.
“Video-wall displays, like the X554UNV, help a variety of organizations not only make bold statements but also deliver on business objectives,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Large Screen Displays and Projectors at NEC Display. “They are just some of the solutions that NEC Display is leveraging to help people and organizations communicate, build relationships, inspire, impart knowledge and improve productivity.”
The X554UNV also supports Intel’s Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify digital signage. The OPS option slot allows for easier installation, use and maintenance of digital signage.
Among its other benefits:
- Auto ID feature, which reduces install time in the single press of a button
- Full commercial build with steel chassis, commercial-grade cooling fans and temperature sensor
- Expanded connectivity panel, including DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI and OPS slot support
- Expanded daisy chain options with DisplayPort 1.2, which enables 4K resolution
- Brightness of 500 cd/m² and 4000:1 contrast ratio
- Auto ID/Auto TileMatrix™ technology for video walls up to 100 displays
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings
- ENERGY STAR® 6.0, which meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy NaViSet Administrator 2, which eases administration and management
The X554UNV display will be available in July 2015 at an estimated street price of $4,999. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU.
- Mvix digital signage boosts employee communication at Virginia Rehab Hospital - November 8, 2018
- The Beatles and Stern Pinball announce the first and only Beatles pinball machine ever made! - November 7, 2018
- The workplace of the future - November 7, 2018
- Video Walls Expand Vigilance in Control Centers - November 6, 2018
- Volkswagen, Mobileye and Champion Motors to invest in Israel and deploy first autonomous EV ride-hailing service - November 6, 2018
- Infovista launches 5G NR network planning and testing solutions - November 6, 2018
- Moen creates shower of the future with Elo - November 6, 2018
- Navori integrates with NEC Display Solutions for retail data analytics - November 6, 2018
- 8K displays… So what’s the buzz? - November 6, 2018
- Meridian Kiosks announces launch of newly redesigned website - November 2, 2018